Adversarial Criminal Law System
Create a 15 to 20 minute powerpoint presentation or video comparing the idea of our criminal law system as adversarial to other descriptions of how a courtroom works.
The assignment should include the following:
- Submissions must be thought provoking and provide a critical analysis of the criminal law system.
- If you select the PowerPoint presentation, it must contain a minimum of 20 slides.
- If you select the youtube video, it must contain 15 minutes of original dialogue. Steps on how to upload your video to youtube can be found here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57924?hl=en
- Use the “notes” section of the PowerPoint to provide your analysis. The PowerPoint slide should have minimum text and graphics. The notes section will contain your analysis. (This is the information you will share with an audience.)
- 2-3 references. Only one reference may be from the internet (not Wikipedia) the others must be found in the Grantham University Library. References should be located on the last slide of the PowerPoint presentation or embedded within your dialogue in the video. (Cite your references).
- The PowerPoint must be free of spelling and grammatical errors. The video must be free of (spoken) grammatical errors.
- APA format.
Should the President Be Required To Have Served in the Military?
Should the President be required to have a Military Service Record?
- Write a 2 to 3 page, APA style paper, explaining why you believe anyone running for President of the United States should or should not have served in the military at one time or the other. If you believe they should have a Military Service Record before running for President, would any military service, rank, type of discharge, and/or position be sufficient to be President?
- For instance,should only officers be allowed to run for President? What about enlisted members? Should only those people that held command positions be allowed to run for President? What about people with other than honorable discharges?
- In your paper includethe opposing position along with your rebuttal (of that opposing position). For instance, if you believe people should serve in the military to be able to run for President (and why) then your rebuttal would be to those people who do not believe people should serve in the military before running to be President (and why).
- Note:A rebuttal is a form of evidence that is presented to contradict other evidence that has been presented by an adverse party.
- Include a title page and 3-5 references. Only one of your references may be found online (not Wikipedia). The other references must be found in the Grantham University online library. Please see the rubric below.