Due Week 4 and worth 200 points
Access the American Hotel and Lodging Association Website, located at http://www.ahla.com/, and the National Restaurant Association Website, located at http://www.restaurant.org. Go to the Careers section of each Website and review the various types of management opportunities.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Describe the various types of management careers that can be offered within each industry (lodging and food and beverage).
- Compare and contrast the differences between the General Management (GM) positions within the two (2) industries.
- Analyze and describe the growth in overall employment within these two (2) industries and how this overall growth is forecasted within the next ten (10) years.
- Recommend at least three (3) human resource practices in which each industry can better recruit and retain management talent for their respective industry.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’sname, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Discuss various career opportunities in the food service and lodging industries.
- Describe the significant trends impacting the hospitality industry.
- Summarize the basic procedures involved in managing a restaurant operation.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in hospitality and tourism management.
- Write clearly and concisely about hospitality and tourism management using proper writing mechanics.