Using the course materials, library, Web resources, and textbook, research the retribution and incapacitation theories of punishment. In this assignment, you will prepare an essay on the differences and similarities between the retribution and incapacitation theories.
- Using the course materials, library, Web resources, and textbook, address the following in a Word document of 4–5 pages:
- Identify 2 specific differences and similarities between the theories.
- Examine and explain 2 social arguments used to support both theories. Argument topics include the death penalty and costs of incarceration.
- Include any philosophical or social issues that could be used to support either model.
- Please include any situations or social forces that you deem applicable that may have influence over either theory of punishment.
In 4-6 paragraphs
Using the course materials, library, Web resources, and textbook, list and discuss 4 specific methods in which penology could be used to obtain more effective outcomes in the criminal justice system. Outcomes could include the following:
- Fewer repeat offenses
- Crime reduction
- Fewer prison and jail inmate
- Research the contemporary theories of punishment, and gather at least 2 resources to help support your arguments.
- In 4–6 paragraphs, address the following:
- What 4 specific methods have you selected that could possibly be used to improve the criminal justice system?
- Why do you feel these methods could result in improvement?