Week 1 Discussion 1
“Advancements” Please respond to the following:
· Examine Software as a Service (SaaS) and discuss the advantages and disadvantages it provides to e-Businesses.
· From the e-Activity, compare the QR code you generated for your email address to the one you generated for
“IT Organization Change” Please respond to the following:
· Analyze how a change to an organization’s IT infrastructure could affect the entire organization’s business model. Give an example to illustrate this effect.
· Propose a change that should be made by organizations to reduce the carbon and energy footprint in an effort to support green IT. Justify your response.
Week 2 Discussion 1
“Logistics” Please respond to the following:
· From the e-Activity, assume that you are a CTO of a retail organization that has adopted the RFID technology. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages your organization could experience with this technology in relation to the organization’s supply chain and logistics.
· Imagine the information system for Wal-Mart was suddenly nonexistent. Choose the data management system you would put back in operation first. Justify your response.
“IT Infrastructure” Please respond to the following:
· Imagine you are starting a Web business and want to incorporate cloud technology. Describe how you would incorporate cloud technology into your business model. Justify your response.
· Assume you are a CIO of a startup company. The company needs to implement an IT infrastructure. Describe the infrastructure and argue which of the four characteristics of an IT infrastructure (dependable, manageable, adaptable, andaffordable) is the most important to consider when acquiring IT infrastructure support components. Support your response.
“Challenges of Information Technology” Please respond to the following:
· Businesses are generating data, documents, and text in the form of emails in ever increasing rates. The volume of stored data is also increasing at alarming rates. Choose the one issue that you believe is the largest challenge to managing data, text, and documents. Support your response.
· Employees are bringing smartphones to the workplace. Some employees are using the company networks to access the Internet. Some expect the company to provide this type of access. This presents a number of challenges to company network management. Identify three challenges and suggest strategies for a company to address these challenges.
Week 3 Discussion 2
“Network Management and Mobility” Please respond to the following:
· Modern networks have to support a number of digital data protocols as well as digital audio protocols. The ability to stream both data and audio has led to the design and deployment of advanced applications. Analyze how advancements in Web,wireless, and mobility technologies are impacting organizations. Choose one specific advancement and describe why it is having the biggest impact. Support your answer.
· From the e-Activity, AT&T and Verizon both provide very similar if not the same services, especially in the mobile space. Consumers are left with challenges when making decisions on which vendor to choose. Compare both providers in regard to their wireless broadband networks. Indicate which vendor provides the best offering in your opinion and why.
Week 4 Discussion 1
“IT Security” Please respond to the following:
· From the e-Activity, discuss how the National Security Telecommunications and Information Systems Security Policy (NSTISSP) national policies facilitate the confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and non-repudiation of computing security.
· Analyze the elements of vulnerability and threat (physical, procedural, policy, etc.) that exist in an IS or telecommunications system. Suggest corresponding protection measures.
Week 4 Discussion 2
“IT Influence” Please respond to the following:
· The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is used by credit card companies to ensure the safety of the customer data. Assume that you are amerchant. Determine the advantages and disadvantages of adopting the PCI DSS standard.
· Suggest methods that organizations could implement to prevent the A1-Injection(Structured Query Language (SQL) Injection) and A2-Cross Site Scripting (XSS)in software applications.
Week 5 Discussion 1
“e-Business” Please respond to the following:
· Assess the challenges e-Business and e-Commerce technologies present to the field of Information Technology. Describe what technologies you believe provide the biggest challenge and provide a strategy to overcome that technological challenge. Support your response.
· Imagine you are an entrepreneur starting a new business venture. Take a position on whether or not you would make the investments necessary to make your business ane-Business. Support your response.
Week 5 Discussion 2
s”e-Movements” Please respond to the following:
· Decide what you believe is the biggest ethical issue raised in the security of information technologies. Defend your decision using supporting information.
· From the e-Activity, the report listed 2008 priorities that were accomplished. Given that this is 2012, suggest at least two additional priorities that you would add. Justify your additions.