Reflect on your reading for the week, specifically Analytical Exercise 8. Is another form of structural configuration better suited to multiproduct, multiservice companies? If not, is there a form of departmentalization for multiproduct, multiservice companies which would match somewhat the divisional structure configuration?”
Explain how the following somewhat match each other:
• functional structure with simple structure
• divisional structure with departmentalization by product
• machine bureaucracy with centralized, mechanistic structure
• professional bureaucracy with decentralized, organic structure
Address the following questions and also provide the name of a company example of each structure with supporting rationale. Reply substantively to two other learners.
- What kinds of companies should employ the simple structure organizational configuration?
- What kind of companies should use the machine bureaucracy form of structure?
- What kinds of organizations should feature a professional bureaucracy form of structure?
- What kinds of firms should use the divisional form of structure?
- What types of organizations are best suited to the adhocracy form of structure?