The summative assignment is to develop a user-friendly PowerPoint handbook of suggestions. The handbook will demonstrate your understanding of the material by applying the major topics discussed in the course to a real situation.
The PowerPoint presentation for the Final Project must include:
- Title slide (one slide)
- Introduction of the material for the new adoptive parents (one to two slides)
- At least 15 slides summarizing each of the items listed below (one to two slides for each item). Please note that the content of each slide should appear in the notes section, while the slide itself should contain the information that would be presented to the parents.
- An image that represents each item
- Conclusion slide that clearly explains why the parents should review this material (one to two slides)
- Reference slide with at least three scholarly sources and the course text properly cited (one slide)
- Summarize Bronfenbrenner’s ecological model and describe why it is important for them to be aware of this theory (one to two slides).
- Suggest and explain a parenting style/philosophy (authoritarian, authoritative, or permissive) that you believe will be most beneficial for the child and the family (one to two slides).
- Explain which childcare (nanny, center-based, or family-based care) option (before/during/after preschool) you think is best for the child and why (one to two slides). Be sure to include discussion of the social factors that influence the likelihood of the family selecting a particular form of childcare.
- Share specific suggestions, including at least two to implement safe technology use in the home. Explain how the media can (both positively and negatively) influence the child (one to two slides).
- Discuss the importance of culture and ethnicity in the development of the self-concept. Share your ideas of ways that the new parents can create opportunities for the child to learn about his or her culture (one to two slides).
- Describe at least two researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude (one to two slides). e=”line-height: normal; margin: 0in 0in 10pt; padding: 0px;”>Differentiate between the importance of socialization that occurs in the home and at school. Explain the importance of each venue as a positive haven for the child (one to two slides).
- Explain the importance of the teacher’s role in the child’s life. Give examples of how the school and the teacher will affect the child’s socialization (one to two slides).
- Share the importance of positive peer interactions. Give two examples for the parents to implement at home to foster friendships (one to two slides).