Select to evaluate one of the following types of websites. Ideally, choose one that relates to your final project topic:
A. A higher education web site (Not UMUC or any site within the Maryland system).
B. A corporate or non-profit website (NOT a huge e-commerce site such as Amazon.com).
Evaluate this site based on the following criteria, as well as any additional criteria you’d like to include:
1. For whom is the site designed? i.e. Staff, faculty, students, potential students, potential customers, community members, others, a combination of these. Explain your answer
2. What is the primary purpose of the site? i.e. To inform end users about products/services with the goal of selling? To provide interactive services for current students/customers/staff, etc? Explain your answer
3. How are the design elements of the site used to serve the site’s targeted end users and goal? (consider layout, colors, links, quantity of pages, interactive elements, font, images, and other elements you feel are relevant to discuss)
4. What is the strongest element of the site?
5. What suggestion would you like to make to the site’s designer?