Gathering data for this paper involves introspection about how your attitudes and behaviors have been influenced by the cultural group(s) to which you belong. As you examine the impact of your cultural group on your identity, consider the following questions:
1. What aspects of my personality, values, and beliefs have emerged as a result of my cultural group membership?
2. How has my family system influenced my cultural group identity?
3. How does my cultural group membership influence my relationships?
4. How do the norms of the dominant culture of my country impact my development?
5. How might my cultural group membership impact my clients’ perceptions of me (i.e., transference)?
6. How might my cultural group membership impact my perceptions about my clients (i.e., transference and countertransference)?