1. Executive Summary – Summary of report’s objectives and findings. This should be brief; similar to an abstract.
2. Analysis overview – Describe your approach to analyzing the company, e.g., questions asked, evidence gathered, tools applied. If you made any adjustments to the underlying data to compensate for accounting policies adopted by the company, describe those adjustments and why you made those adjustments.
3. Evidential matter – This is your financial analysis.
4. Assumptions – Describe the assumptions you made in performing your analysis.
5. Inferences and conclusions – Draw inferences and conclusions from your evidential matter. The evidence you gather must support your inferences and conclusions. In this section, you should discuss limitations on your results due to accounting policies adopted by the company and suggest possible adjustments to the underlying data of your analysis that might have improved your analysis of the company.