What is an Annotated Bibliography?
The annotated bibliography contains a list of citations that informs the reader or the importance and accuracy of the citations. The annotated bibliography is a brief descriptive of the source. Each citation is followed by a brief (usually about 150 words) descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation. The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance and accuracy of the sources cited. Annotations are descriptive.
Please do not copy the abstract. Include the following information in your annotated bibliography.
1. Include a title page
2. Use APA formatting (1-inch margins, double-spacing, 12 point, Times New Roman)
3. Each source (in the form of a reference list) in APA format for each of the 12 articles/books.
4. How this source relates to your topic (topic short term memory)
5. Whether empirical or theoretical/review source
6. What researchers examine in the study (if empirical)
7. The participants in the study
8. Briefly describe the procedure (what did participants do?)
9. Give the hypothesis (if any)
10. The results (what did researchers find?)
11. What did the researchers conclude?
Example in APA format:
Waite, L. J., Goldschneider, F. K., & Witsberger, C. (2005). Nonfamily living and the erosion of traditional family orientations among
young adults. American Sociological Review, 51 (4), 541-554.
In this empirical study, Waite, Goldschneider, and Witsberger (2005) examined attitudes about family among young adults. Researchers hypothesized that nonfamily living by young adults altered their attitudes, values, plans, and expectations. Participants were 50 males and 65 females between the ages of 22 and 34. Waite et al. asked participants to respond to questionnaires about values, plans, and expectations about family life. The hypothesis was supported in that young adults were willing to change values when influenced by nonfamily members. Waite et al. concluded that increasing the time away from parents before marrying decreased individualism, self-sufficiency, and changes in attitudes about families. This study relates to the topic of interest in that young adults are influenced by family issues.
In order to complete this assignment you need to make a reference list of 8 empirical and 7 theoretical reviews on short term memory.